Dan Newman '09, head of A Cappella Etc., discussed the prospect of chartering performance groups with the Senate. At this time a cappella groups cannot be chartered because they are not open to the entire student population, and the groups have a "duality of purpose," both of which violate the criteria for chartering a club.

Terrence Johnson, Senator for the Transitional Year Program, was confirmed as Senate Co-Chair of the Transitional Year Program Committee and JV Souffrant II (TYP) was confirmed as non-Senate Chair.

Director of Executive Affairs Jessica Blumberg '09 discussed with the Senate the Health Center negotiations that are underway.

The Senate passed a money resolution of $20 towards the North Quad Council Meeting.

The Senate passed a money Resolution of $101 toward a Massell Quad outreach event.

The Senate passed a Money Resolution that will allow for a $25 gift certificate to Barnes & Noble to be offered as an incentive to students to take a survey on the hours when Einstein Bros. Bagels should be open on the weekends.

Senator-at-Large Justin Sulsky '09 met with students on the Student Union's Communication Advisory Committee about improving Brandeis' image on the Internet and to prospective students.

Senator for the Class of 2010 Rebecca Wilkof has been working on the possibility of having a Senate meeting in a more open setting so that it can accommodate a public crowd.

Wilkof said she hopes that this will make students aware that the Senate meetings are always open to the public.

Terrence Johnson, Senator for the Transitional Year Program, has been working on a proposal to create a Communications major.