Men's basketball forward Terrell Hollins '10 and guard Kenny Small '10 were named first-team All-University Athletic Association members for the first time in their careers Wednesday. Both had made the second-team before: Hollins was on the team his sophomore year, while Small was selected last season.Coach Brian Meehan noted the maturation process that the two have endured over their careers at Brandeis.

"Both guys have done what you would hope players would do," he said. "They came in as freshmen and realized they had a lot of room for improvement. ... All of their games have grown."

This year, Hollins averaged 13.6 points per game and 9.9 rebounds per game in the regular season. His scoring average was good for seventh in the conference, while his rebounding was second in the league and 33rd in Division III.

"We needed him to step up and give us more time on the floor and dominate more. ... This year he knew that we needed to be a leader and do a lot more. He's certainly shown shown everybody the ability to just take over games," Meehan said.

Hollins posted 12 double-doubles on the year and became the third player in Brandeis history to finish with 1,000 points, 500 rebounds and 200 assists.

Small led the Judges with 14.4 ppg, which was the sixth-best total in the UAA. In addition to leading the team in points, Small also finished the regular season with the highest free-throw percentage, which was 84.6 percent. That was good for second in the UAA and 53rd in Division III.

Small became the eighth player in Brandeis history to hit 100 3-pointers in his career. He achieved that in the 87-70 victory over Rochester University Feb. 19.

Meehan acknowledged Small's offensive, as well as defensive, skills.

"Kenny has always been a pretty exciting player who was a good offensive player," Meehan said. "He has made himself into a very, very good defensive player."

Guards Andre Roberson '10 and Tyrone Hughes '12 were selected as members of the second-team All-UAA squad.

Roberson, who made the second team last year as well, led the squad and was second in the UAA in minutes played in the regular season with 34.7 minutes per game. Roberson led the team with 3.8 assists per game.

Hughes made an All-UAA team for the first time in his career. He led the team in steals with 1.8 steals per game, which was the fourth-highest total in the UAA.