In their final game as members of the women's basketball team, forward Amber Strodthoff '11 and guard Mia DePalo '11 combined for 32 points and 14 rebounds to lead the Judges past New York University 57-54 on Feb. 26 in the team's regular season finale. The Judges finished the year 12-13 overall, 4-10 in the University Athletic Association. "It was really a great way to end it," Strodthoff said. "I couldn't have asked more from my teammates because it was our championship game in essence. It was good to feel that success again."

Strodthoff, an All-UAA honorable mention selection, led the team with 17 points on 7-of-12 shooting, while DePalo recorded a team-high eight rebounds. Forward Courtney Ness '13 contributed 8 points and seven rebounds in the win, and guard Morgan Kendrew '12, a second-team All-UAA selection, finished with 8 points and two steals.

The Judges jumped out to a 17-7 lead in the first 5 minutes of the game, but NYU bounced back to cut the lead to 3 points with 8 minutes and 27 seconds left in the first half. However, the Judges went on an 11-0 run that lasted for 6:23, and they went into the half leading by a score of 37-25.

At the start of the second half, the Violets scored the first 8 points and took the lead with two free throws by freshman forward Kelly Loughney. Despite the swing in momentum, DePalo hit a 3-point shot 15 seconds later to give the Judges a 2-point lead.

The Judges held the lead for the rest of the game, but led by just 2 points with 24 seconds left. A free throw from Ness extended the lead to 3, and a missed 3-point shot from NYU sophomore guard Maggie Ely snapped the Judges' three-game losing streak.

"I feel like we went out and took control of the game ourselves," Strodthoff said. "We went out with a goal to have fun and play hard, and we achieved that."

The Judges will lose their second- and third-leading scorers in Strodthoff and DePalo next year, but they will retain Kendrew-who led the team with 12.9 points per game-and a young roster that consisted of seven first-years and three sophomores.

"I think [the team] learned a lot this year," Strodthoff said. "I think they're going to come back just as strong next year.