The first of five clubs to be chartered at this past Sunday's Senate meeting was TAMID Israel Investment Group, which will offer seminars and business experience to members interested in business and the Israeli economy.

The Senate also chartered the Special Olympics Club, which aims to fundraise for the duration of this semester in order to hold a "mini meet" at Brandeis, and the Brandeis Immigration Education Initiative, which intends to "advocate for immigrant student education rights" and increase awareness of immigration issues, according to its constitution.

The talent agency Brand New Talent was unanimously recognized.

Lastly, the Senate unanimously chartered Young Americans for Liberty, the Brandeis chapter of a national organization which aims to "identify and fight against threats to liberty in the law, intellectual community, popular culture and the University itself," according to its constitution, as well as support libertarian political candidates.

The Senate also passed a Senate Money Resolution to raffle items at the University bookstore.

Moving on to proposed constitutional changes, the Senate turned down bylaw amendments which specified that a senator would observe the first meeting of a club seeking charter and "report to the Senate on the merits and viability of the club." The vote for each of these measures was four to 11 with two abstentions.

However, the Senate did pass an amendment which mandates a minimum active membership of five students for all clubs, unless a club can present a valid explanation for having fewer members. The measure passed by a vote of 11 to four with two abstentions.

The Senate also passed two dining amendments.

—Tate Herbert and Sara Dejene