The Senate swore in the newest members during its meeting on Sunday. Off-campus Senator Michael Kosowsky '14, Rosenthal Quad Senator Jesse Ruth '16, Class of 2017 Senator Ben Margolin, Village Quad Senator Jeff Tan '17 and Midyear Senator Mitchell Beers '17 were sworn into their respective offices.

During executive officer reports, Executive Senator Annie Chen '14 announced a proposal she has been working on with Class of 2016 Senator Jonathan Jacob for an email notification system from mail services at Brandeis that would inform students when packages arrive for them. The Senate later voted unanimously to support the initiative.

Student Union Vice President Charlotte Franco '15 announced that the University is currently in a bidding process for a mail services company as the current company's contract is up, as is the bookstore's contract with Barnes & Noble. Franco encouraged Senate members to be involved in the processes.

Chen also informed the Senate that members are able to prevent a club's recognition if they do not believe that club provides a benefit.

During committee chair reports, committee chairs introduced their current projects to new senators.

Campus Operations Working Group Committee Chair and Class of 2014 Senator Andre Tran announced that the committee is working on a bus shelter at the Admissions stop, which is planned to be built this semester.

Ways and Means Committee Chair and North Quad Senator Brian Hough '17 reported that the committee is looking to pass at least three new amendments to the Senate's Constitution this semester.

Sustainability Committee Chair and Class of 2015 Senator Anna Bessendorf said that she will be working to publicize sustainable features already in place at Brandeis. She said that she is planning a town hall event, where Sodexo may discuss their sustainability efforts and future dining plans.

Class of 2017 Senator David Heaton reported that the Dining Committee is working to bring pork and shellfish food to campus via food trucks as well as kosher pizza to The Stein and will send out a survey to students regarding dining options in the Usdan Student Center.

Social Justice and Diversity Committee Chair and Senator-at-Large Naomi DePina '16 announced that she is arranging for Paulette Brown, the first African-American female president of the American Bar Association, to speak at Brandeis. As DePina noted that the cost of the event would be "expensive," other senators raised concerns regarding funding. DePina said that she will report back will an estimate and seek out alternative sources of funding.

During senator reports, Bessendorf mentioned plans to add an additional shuttle stop at Chipotle and is looking into the possibility of a trial run.

Franco brought up the recent change to the Golding Health Center's hours, which are now 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and expressed her concern about how the undergraduate fee would fund the Health Center. According to Franco, neither the Student Union nor the student body was consulted and she plans to write a statement regarding the situation.

-Sara Dejene