The Senate began its March 23 meeting by chartering two clubs.

The 3-D Printing Club, which seeks to provide opportunities for students to learn about 3-D printing, sought recognition and charter. The Senate unanimously voted to recognize the club. In a discussion regarding charter, senators raised concerns about the amount of funding needed and what it would be used for. Members explained that one member is willing to donate a 3-D printer that he already owns and that funds would primarily be used to purchase filament to print objects. The Senate unanimously voted to charter the club.

The Supply Club, a chapter of a nonprofit organization that was recognized last semester, approached the Senate seeking charter. The club, which according to its constitution "aims to promote awareness about the lack of education as well as severe violations of human rights that surround slum communities around the world," recapped its progress since its recognition and outlined planned use of funds, including screening a documentary. The Supply Club was approved for charter, with 10 senators voting in favor, two opposed and seven abstaining.

During Executive Officer reports, Executive Senator and Class of 2014 Senator Annie Chen announced that the Constitutional Review Task Force would be delaying the presentation of their proposal to the Senate for an additional week. She mentioned some changes to the proposal, which would call for a member of the Finance Board to be present at all Senate meetings as well as an examination of whether or not Brandeis Television is "fulfilling [its] role as a secured club."

Chen also reported that she is working on a proposal for new energy-efficient washing machines that she is planning on presenting to John Storti, director of strategic procurement.
During Committee Chair reports, Senator-at-Large Naomi DePina '16 announced that the Social Justice and Diversity Committee will be involved in events during lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and Queer Pride Month and reported that the committee is involved with the Brandeis Nothing But Nets Campaign, an initiative working to raise money and awareness about malaria in Sub-Saharan Africa.

Club Support Committee Chair and East Quad Senator Andrew Savage '16 reported that he is working on merging the Brandeis Consulting Club and the Marketing Club.

-Sara Dejene