Arts lunch

The first day of classes was full of music and art as students gathered in front of the Spingold Theatre center for the All-Arts Welcome Party. The event was open to all Brandeis students, from those who study and participate in the arts to those who appreciate the arts. 

As the event got started, Ingrid Schorr, Senior Communications and Events Administrator, could be seen welcoming students and asking about their summers. When speaking with The Justice, Schorr outlined the importance of events such as this one, celebrating all of these small departments and giving the students opportunities to connect and enjoy one another’s company. 

Students and faculty alike emerged to share a vegan and vegetarian meal around round tables across the lawn, talking and laughing. Friends welcomed each other back from semesters abroad, sharing stories and plans for the coming year. Faculty reconnected with past students, extending warm welcomes back to campus. When asked by The Justice, LaRue Vigil ’26 said that she was “having a blast!”

The music of the talented faculty from Brandeis’ music department accompanied attendees as they conversed and ate. The melodic tunes added to the warm atmosphere as everyone celebrated art and collaboration. The Creativity, the Arts and Social Transformation Department and the Rose Art Museum each tabled at the event, connecting with students and encouraging further engagement in the arts. Overall, the event was a great kickoff to the new year as students enjoyed the nice weather and bonded over common artistic interests.

Arts lunch